Folding Arm Awning Care and Cleaning
1. Folding Arm Awnings are designed to create shade. A slope of a minimum 15 degrees should be maintained on your awning to stop fabric sagging and provide water run-off.
2. Never use the awning during heavy rain, storms or frosty conditions. Don’t extend the awning when the wind is above Beaufort Scale 5 (30-38kmph). Otherwise, the awning will be damaged and can be a potential safety risk.
3. Keep the fabric skin away from fire and flammable objects.
4. Do not put any heavy objects on the fabric when extending the awning.
5. Do not extend or retract the awning while maintenance, such as window or wall cleaning is being carried out in the vicinity.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
Cleaning: use a mild detergent and warm water on the frames. Do not use abrasive materials, cleansers, chemicals, bleach or solvents on frames. Rinse with clean water. Dry thoroughly.
Every year use any reputable brand of light oil to lubricate moving parts.
Check the awning from time to time to make sure all bolts and nuts are tightened. Should you find any loose bolts or nuts, tighten them immediately. If you find damaged parts do not use the awning until they are repaired or replaced.
Cleaning: Wipe up minor spots with a mild soap and a damp cloth. It is sufficient to brush off the dirt of the skin in most cases. Specialised Fabric Cleaner and Fabric Guard solutions are available on request.
Dry the fabric in the extended position when wet as soon as possible.